Abilify Dosage, Uses & Side Effects

0

Abilify: Uses, Dosage & Side Effects

What exactly is Abilify?

Aripiprazole, an atypical antipsychotic drug, is marketed under the brand name Abilify. It operates by altering the activity of brain neurotransmitters. Abilify is used to treat the symptoms of a number of mental health problems, including:

  • Schizophrenia
  • Idiopathic bipolar disorder
  • Major depression syndrome
  • Tourette disorder
  • Autism spectrum disorder


Abilify is available in a variety of dosage forms, including tablets, tablets with sensors, and injections. The dosage and frequency of Abilify are determined by the ailment being treated, the patient's age, and the patient's response to the medication.

Also Read: What are the Uses of Ampicillin | Dosage & Side Effect

What are the Abilify side effects?

Abilify may induce adverse effects that range from minor to severe. Some of the most prevalent mild side effects are:

  • Gaining or losing weight
  • Side consequences of sexual activity
  • Sleep issues
  • Infections of the upper respiratory tract
  • Constipation, nausea, or vomiting
  • Headache, dizziness, or fatigue

Some of the serious adverse effects are as follows:

  • Increased risk of death in dementia-related psychosis in older individuals
  • Suicidal thoughts or behaviours are more likely in youth and young adults.
  • Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (a potentially fatal reaction characterised by fever, muscle rigidity, and disorientation)
  • Tardive dyskinesia (uncontrollable muscular movements) is a movement disorder.
  • Diabetes or high blood sugar levels
  • Fainting or low blood pressure
  • Seizures
  • Infections or low white blood cell levels
  • Reactions to allergens

Side effects are not experienced by everyone who takes Abilify. If you do, they may fade with time or with dose modifications. However, if you experience any major or irritating side effects, you should immediately consult your doctor.

Do you Know about Ativan:  Ativan: Uses, Dosage & Side Effects

What are some of the questions you should ask your doctor regarding Abilify?

You may have some questions for your doctor if you have been prescribed Abilify. Here are a couple such examples:

  • Why should I take Abilify?
  • How long do I have to take Abilify?
  • How will I know whether Abilify is beneficial to me?
  • What are the dangers and benefits of using Abilify?
  • How should I administer Abilify? What should I do if I forget to take a dose?
  • Where should I keep Abilify? What should I do if my medication is expired or unused?
  • What impact will Abilify have on my other medical problems or tests?
  • What effect will Abilify have on my mood, behaviour, or cognition?
  • What effect will Abilify have on my sexual function or fertility?
  • What effect will Abilify have on my weight or appetite?
  • What effect will Abilify have on my sleep and energy levels?
  • How will Abilify effect my ability to drive or operate machinery?
  • What are some of the symptoms of an overdose or a major adverse effect? In the event of an emergency, what should I do?

You can also ask any further questions concerning your health or therapy. Your doctor is available to assist you in understanding your medicine and how to use it safely and efficiently.


Post a Comment

0 Comments
Post a Comment (0)
To Top